Welcome to THE BROADWAY DISH!!!

please check out all the pages, plenty of dish to go around.

LET'S DISH

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

5 to 9 Tony's, Please!


So, as you know Nine to Five the MOVIE has been turned into a Broadway MUSICAL. And that it is coming to the Marquis Theatre for previews on March 24, 2009, and officially opening on April 23, 2009! Just in time for the Tony nominations.

How Very Millie of you, Dolly!

I think that this show is going to be genius! One of the songs is called "Backwoods Barbie." (which is also what Dolly's latest album is titled)

"[It's] one of the songs [for] Doralee, the character I played in the movie," she said. "…It kinda tells my story about always wantin' to be pretty and modeling my look after Barbie and the Frederick's of Hollywood catalog. It's about 'don't mistake all this phony look….I might look artificial, but where it counts, I'm real.' It's that type of a song." said Mrs. Parton - playbill.com

Oh Dolly, you are such an inspiration!

All I want on the cast album is an "acoustic" version of 'Nine to Five' sung by Dolly and the cast with only Dolly playing her nails. That would be too much fun.

Just watch this montage below of some of the show.



dishy

No comments:


Marla Mindelle and Natalie Weiss - Should they be the next Daisy and Violet in SIDE SHOW?